1. Introduction and General Terms
- The types of data we collect from you
- How we collect this data
- How we use this data
- How we ensure your data is protected
- How you can request that you view any data we hold about you
- How we will contact you to inform you of any changes to this policy
- How you can contact us with questions regarding this policy
We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all UK laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have privacy policies separate from our own, so we would strongly suggest that you review them separately before submitting your data. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practice of any websites but our own, and your use of third party websites is at your own risk.
2. Types of data collected
If you fill out our briefing form or otherwise use our online services, we may collect the following data from you:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Where you found us
3. How this data is collected
We may collect data from you through newsletter sign ups, web forms, twitter advertisements and cookies.
We may also monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- What kind of demographics are visiting our site
- The referring website from which you accessed our site
- The time and date that our site is visited at
This data is not traceable back to you, and we will only ever use it to make ongoing improvements to our website and to see our most popular sources of business.
4. Data usage
Your personal data will be used to provide the information and services offered through our website to you, all forms of correspondence we share, as well as for billing.
We will also use your data for customer service purposes and for analytics. Again, this is not traceable back to you, but gives us more of a generalised understanding.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use your email address to send you information about products or services. You can opt out of these whenever and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
5. How the data is protected
We will only ever store your data on our secure servers, and only administrators will ever be able to access it. We follow a security procedure in our office to ensure that all the data we store is always kept secure, and your personal information will always be included in this procedure.
6. Accessibility and deletion of personal data
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee, to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
You may also request that we delete any data that we currently hold about you.
7. Informing you of any future changes to the policy
8. Contacting us about this policy
6-7 St Cross Street,
+44 (0)20 3696 7828
Our quality policy
We Make Websites are a London-based web design and development agency that produce hand-crafted, premium-quality websites and web applications. We specialise in making e-commerce, corporate and portfolio websites but don't worry if none of these sound like you - we’re always up for the challenge of creating any website or web application and always keen to get involved. We're passionate about the web and use the latest technologies to build a better experience for our clients;
- We work closely with you to understand your business problems - we believe in the concept of client and supplier working together.
- We have expertise in design and technology and the interplay between the two.
- We pride ourselves on making beautiful websites that are highly usable and functional.
- We use open-source software as the foundation of the systems we build to give better quality code.
We want to make sure you are 100% happy with the services we provide and will bill you only when you're pleased with the result and agree that the work is complete.
The basic principles;
- We ensure that we fully identify and conform to your needs.
- We continually review our services, taking action to eliminate any potential for errors.
- Everyone here understands how to do their job – and get it right first time and we are all committed to operating continuously to this standard.
We love making simple, effective websites to best meet our clients’ needs - whether you need a new brand for your start-up business or a fully functional e-commerce website, we can help.
- We'll make sure your site is tailored to your target market to maximise its effectiveness.
- We are flexible, can work within a budget, deliver to tight timescales and are quick to react
- We are highly responsive - communication is a highly interactive process in which you have plenty involvement.
......above all - we deliver.
Our environmental policy
We Make Websites are a London-based web design and development agency that produce hand-crafted, premium-quality websites and web applications. We're believers in climate change - and humans are to blame. Worst still, we know that tech is to blame. Things would be different if we'd stayed on the Savanna with a hunter-gatherer lifestyle and no desire to build, hack and develop new ideas for making our lives easier: wheels; ovens; engines; aircraft; iPods. We're only a small company but as we grow bigger our environmental policy will too. So our policy aims to outline the measures that we will take to reduce, reuse and recycle any wastes within the organisation.
A brief summary
- The Basics - A systematic framework to implement and monitor processes to ensure compliance with environmental standards, understand and manage our impacts and ensure a complete and comprehensive understanding of the relevant environmental legislation.
- The Context - We will provide procedures to cover protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and monitoring processes to ensure continual improvement.
- The Scope - Everyone has accountability and there is line responsibility to maintain the system and we will ensure that training for management and employees includes procedures for protecting the environment.
As a tech company in a developed country we have a desire to make sure that we don't make a bad problem worse. For this reason, we'll be keeping our carbon emissions low. Our employees use public transport or bicycles where possible. Ultimately we hope we can actually use part of our profit for initiatives that directly benefit the environment If you want to hear more - we do consult with the community at large - go ahead and get in touch and we can discuss how we help the environment - Email is usually the best way to reach us, but feel free to give us a call (or even write us a letter!) if you’d prefer.
Equal opportunities/diversity policy
We recognise that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. We make all employment decisions based on the applicant’s ability, experience and qualifications without regard to sex, race, colour, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability or marital status. We value the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and are always looking for colleagues that can work as freelancers and fit within our young but growing team. We're developing an agile company and are entirely flexible about working arrangements and location and ideally you will have a personable, friendly and relaxed attitude, balanced with a hard work ethic. Individuals will be selected, promoted and employment decisions will be taken on the basis of relevant aptitudes, skill and ability.
The legal bit
We provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, and provide guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion. Under the Equality Act 2010 it is against the law for a company to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, disability, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation. We're inherently a friendly and open-minded company, but we have to include this text so that the lawyers understand that too.
Our health and safety policy
Health and safety often gets a bad press. Reading some of the stories you might wonder how anything actually gets done given the abundance of rules and regulations that seem to govern health and safety. Health and safety is regulated through the Health and Safety at Work Act, a short bit of legislation dating from 1974. It states that employers have a duty to secure the health, safety and welfare of people at work and also protect the public from any risks that arise out of work activity. We recognise that the control of health and safety is not only an essential feature of our operations, but also a civil and statutory obligation but we don’t want to make it complicated or time consuming. But we do take the issue of health and safety extremely seriously and acknowledge our responsibility to provide, as far as practicable, for the health, safety and welfare of employees and others who may be affected by our work activities.
The health and safety of employees as well as members of the public is of great importance to the successful management and operation of the company and it is our intention to provide as far as reasonably practicable a safe working environment.
In order to help us to meet our responsibilities we rely on you to adopt and maintain a wholly responsible attitude in regard to the wellbeing of yourself and others. As an employee you are not only responsible for your own safety, but also the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. Our philosophy is that, irrespective of blame, all accidents are preventable so you are expected to operate at all times in a manner that is safe, responsible and entirely without risk of accident. You are empowered to take necessary action should you believe that the health and safety of staff or visitors is at risk. Safety is everybody’s responsibility, think about the health and safety of yourself and others.